Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Day of Sewing

Today I enjoyed some sewing with friend, Donna.  We've been having trouble with sewing machines lately and must get one of mine (Featherweight) to the repair shop soon.  Donna's machine decided to give us trouble with the bobbin casing....Anyway we did sew this morning for a little while.  She used my old GE clunker.  I'm almost finished my blocks for the queen size log cabin quilt I'm making.  Now to get it pieced together~!

Tonight I went to friend, Bonnie's house to meet with like minded women who sew, quilt, do beadwork, spin yarn, knit, etc., etc......I brought along my "work in progress" for the 12x12 Squared Challenge I'm participating in on line.  The word this time was POETIC and I chose to do a piece featuring Bob Dylan whose words I find very poetic. I printed some of the words to Tangled Up In Blue on to silk organza and machine appliqued it to some of my hand dyed fabric.  I made a likeness of Dylan with two other colors of fabric. More work and ideas in mind for this one so stay tuned.

Today I learned the next word is "Rebirth", a good one for springtime.

"Tangled Up In Blue"

No comments:

Post a Comment