Sunday, September 13, 2009

Blueberry Pie

I went to the coast (East Coast) to visit with my oldest brother and his wife last week.  It was his birthday  so I brought him a little gift.  He has a wonderful garden each year and I left with tomatoes, zuchinni and carrots.  He has two large blueberry bushes that are still producing.  He gave me two large containers of freshly picked blueberries!  I decided I had to make a blueberry pie today.  I referred to my Betty Crocker Cookbook recipe and while it is very good, I would use less sugar next time, probably 3/4 C. instead of 1 Cup.  Daughters and grandchildren visited me today before I had to leave for work.  We had a fun pizza lunch then we had some pie.  So as you can see there's not much left, but a berry pie is very easy to make and very satisfying this time of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment