Friday, September 11, 2009

Fall Weather/Fall Apple Recipe

I found this recipe last year on one of my favorite links, http://www.recipelink.com/.  I made this last year and had a request for it again this year.  I made it today and thought I'd post the recipe for others to consider. My picture of it doesn't do it justice, but it is yummy!

Cheddar Apple Pizza

Pastry for a single crust pie
4 large baking apples, peeled and cut into 1/4" slices (about 5 cups)
1/2 C. shredded cheddar, mozzarella or Swiss cheese...I used cheddar, sharp recommended
1/2 C. packed brown sugar
1/2 C. chopped walnuts
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
2 TBS cold butter or margarine

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Roll pastry to fit a greased 12" pizza pan (I used a cooking sheet), flute edges and
Bake pastry for 10 mins.  Remove from oven.

Arrange apples in a single layer in a circular pattern to completely cover pastry.  Sprinkle with cheese.

Combine brown sugar, walnuts, cinnamon and nutmeg; sprinkle over cheese. (Or reverse order and put cheese on last if you wish.)

Cut butter into small pieces and dot top of pizza.

Bake for 20 minutes or until apples are tender.  Cut into wedges; serve warm.

Wonderful with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream on the side.

Yield:  12 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment