Monday, November 13, 2023

November 2023

It's been another break in time since I posted.  I use facebook much more on my phone now.

Convenience I guess.  Today I enjoyed re-reading previous posts and found I have been doing eco printing and dyeing since 2014!  I have sold many, many scarves at fairs and farmer's markets.  Ronnie continues to make his wonderful handcrafted utensils, bandsaw boxes and so much more.  It's kept us busy and we enjoy the people we see and talk with.  He's very generous with his knowledge and has instructed many people on how he works and how they can do it too!  Especially his bandsaw boxes!

I have also enjoyed explaining to people how I do eco printing.  This past summer I gave a demonstration at the Wilmot Farmer's Market.  The market has a special tent and each Saturday during the summer months it is used by individuals showing their products, how things are made or information about gardening, cooking and so forth.  I enjoyed my day but I was very tired at the end of the 3 hours.

I have read many books on eco-printing as well as following posts from Botanical groups who specialize in the process.  I have learned so much in the past few years and I continue to learn.  

This year I took an on line class with Nicola Brown from Ireland. I learned about "Cooking In The Dirty Pot".  I set up a dyeing station in my backyard where I use a gas tank to heat my aluminium pot.  The process is interesting and I've been pleased with most of my results.  Right now though I believe there is too much rust water in the pot so I'm dyeing too dark.  Also my iron water used to dip fabric into prior to boiling is probably too strong.  More work needed on that.



Remember to Play a Little Every Day!

Peace,

Diane



No comments:

Post a Comment