Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Fun, Fun, Fun Fabric


Look what arrived in my mailbox today!  I was the prize winner (see last post) chosen from 150 entries!



And now I get to play with them.  What to do?  Decisions, decisions.:)

I've had fun this past week dyeing more cotton.  Here's a picture of three pieces I did.


 The pieces on each end were done with snow dyeing and the middle one was done with a fold technique using clothespins to hold the folds.  To me it looks almost like stars in the sky.  I have done some Shabori and used a soy wax resist on it, new to me.  Quilting Arts has an article in their most recent magazine. I'll be checking to  see how I did later today.

I have some UFO's I'm trying to get caught up on and I'm working on another art quilt featuring roller skates.  The metal ones that we attached to our shoes back a few years ago.  I just loved roller skating!

If you'd like to leave a comment, just click on the "no comments" and it will open for you to leave one.:)

Peace,
Diane

3 comments:

  1. Hi Diane- Your new fabrics are inspiring! Love the clothespin piece. One of our "Bee" members wrote the article about soy wax and shibori. I have it on my list to read as well! Enjoy the blue spirals and post whatever you end up making with them on the Bee facebook page,--Julie Booth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, So glad you won! Now to see what you do with them!! Love your snow dyed pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on winning the fabric! I can't to see how it inspired you!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete