Tuesday, July 15, 2014

JULY IS A TIME TO PLAY!

Today I decided to print some fabric with my Gelli plate using Textile Paints.

First I gathered some stencils, a vegetable masher and paint to make marks on the Gelli plate.  I pressed fabric onto the plate and lifted to find the design.  It's always a treat to see what happens.  I will use these printed fabrics in future wall hangings.



 

I went outside and picked some leaves off from my Hosta
Plant and printed more using the Gelli Plate.  I printed on to some 
textured silk.  These will make a nice hanging.





The one below was printed on commercial cotton.



Enjoy Your Week and Remember....to Play A Little Each Day!

Peace!
Diane

2 comments:

  1. Diane, I've been thinking about this since I preserved those ferns. I need to try this with them. Love those hosta prints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynda, now to get busy and sew them up into something!

      Delete