Wednesday, January 8, 2014


Here we go into another year!  Christmas was delightful and busy.  I finished my gifts just in time.  I'm always last minute with these things.  I'll share with you some of the silk scarfs I dyed.  I used the Shabori method on some and I tried out the Dye Magnet product with mixed results.

 I started with white 100% silk scarfs.  I prepared them for dyeing and wrapped them around PVC pipe, scrunched them down and applied the dye.  I used black cherry first, then black on this one.  I was pleased with the results.

 Four of the completed gifts.

 I dyed these next two with a product called Dye Magnet.  You dye with one color after applying the Dye Magnet.  The areas where you apply the product catches more of the dye in the process. Potato masher used to print this scarf.  Interesting.
 This was printed with a kitchen utensil and Dye Magnet, then dyed this beautiful pink color.

 This scarf was dyed using the Shabori method.  After it dried on the PVC pipe, I applied drops of brown liquid paint, let that dry, then unwrapped to find this!  I like it!

 I dyed this scarf after applying Dye Magnet using a thermofax screen and a paint roller.  I'm not quite sure about this one.  It might need more work.

Here are my final products!  What fun it is to see what you will get when you play with these processes!
I look forward to the New Year with More Time To Play!


1 comment:

  1. Please feel free to leave any comments. Just hit the "No Comments" button if there aren't any and the "Post a Comment" will pop up. :)