Friday, September 4, 2015

July & August 2015....Gone in a flash!

I've been dyeing more silk scarves for the summer fairs we'll be at this year.  We were vendors at a local church fair, The Hebron Fair near the shores of Newfound Lake, New Hampshire.  We've done this fair for approximately five years and each year we have had a successful day.  Ronnie sold many of his wooden utensils and vases.  I sold silk scarves and photographs/note cards.  August 1 was another popular fair in nearby New London, NH (home of my ancestors).  I almost sold out of my transfer dyed silk scarves made with men's neckties!!!  I'll be working on more of them for upcoming fairs.

I went shopping for more neckties with friend Kathleen last week.  I came home with a large arm full and got to work dyeing a silk scarf.  The designs on some of the ties are great fun to re-purpose!

Today I found one in a thrift store in Meredith.  A bit more than I usually pay, but it does have Big Bird and Elmo on it so I have to give it a try and see what happens.  Here is a picture of the scarves I have all set to go and a few close-ups.  They are much nicer in person so stop by one of the Farmer's Markets or Fairs and take a look!




Remember to Play a Little Each Day!
Peace,
Diane




1 comment: