Thursday, July 26, 2012

Vintage Sign

This week I decided to try a technique I saw on Pinterest.  I repinned it to my DIY board knowing I'd want to give it a try sometime.

I bought some sticker letters and placed them on a piece of wooden slat that I had already painted with white crackle paint.  I brushed on some umber glaze and thought I'd leave it at that.  When I pulled off one of the letters to check, I didn't get the result I was looking for. So, I took out my blue acrylic paint and brushed that on with a sponge brush.  I wiped a paper towel across it to remove some of the paint.  Let it dry and it was just what I had hoped for!  Here are some photos of my process.  This was fun and easy, I'll be doing more of these.


Wood with crackle paint
Stickers on wood with glaze
Wood painted blue with stickers removed.
Final sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment