Thursday, August 14, 2014

August, A Busy Summer Month

We are participating in two Farmers'/Crafters' Markets this summer.  One on Saturday morning and another on Thursday afternoons.  I've sold some photographs and note cards as well as a couple of my wall hangings.  Ronnie has sold many of his hand crafted wooden spoons and other utensils to satisfied customers.



I made another small wall hanging, 16"x 16", using one of my photographs as a transfer onto fabric.  I used TAP paper as the transfer paper because I like that the fabric shows through after the transfer is ironed on.  It just makes the fabric appear to be a bit darker.  I also printed the words on to TAP and transferred them. I know the saying is "Lady Bug, Lady Bug, Fly Away Home", but I used artistic license and used "Little Bird".  I have no affiliation to Lesley Riley's TAP paper, I just like the product.



The piece is machine pieced and quilted.  The small nest with eggs was cut from commercial fabric and secured with wonder under light.  I had bought the bird, eggs and feather fabric some time ago and when I thought about this photograph, I knew what fabric I would use.  I think it works well and I'm pleased with the final result.


Peace and Remember to Play A Little Each Day!
Diane 

No comments:

Post a Comment