Monday, July 19, 2010

More Soy Wax Printing and Painting


I found a new tool at the Webster Lake Association's Yard Sale this weekend.  It was originally a wisk but I could see it had potential as a tool to dip in soy wax.  Can't beat the price either, 25 cents.
So today I did more Soy Wax Batik on cotton.  I also did some Sun Printing with Dynaflo paint using old keys and some ferns.  Some happy news for me, I was a lucky winner of a Thermofax Screen from one of my Blog friends, Lynn who lives and creates wonderful art in Michigan. She has opened up a new shop on Etsy selling screens and paint.  She has made a two part video on Thermofax Screen Printing that you can see on her blog.  I've wanted to try Thermofax Screens for some time but it's been difficult finding them so I'm very happy she's using her machine to make some..so I can buy some!  She will do custom, original art orders too and I hope to give that a try.
Until next time, stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment