Friday, July 30, 2010

More Playing with Paint and Fabric

Today was another sunny day with less humidity and that was a welcome relief!  I borrowed some wonderful keys a friend has collected over the years and decided today would be a good day to do some sun printing again.  I used a fabric transparent paint, placed the keys on top of the fabric and let the sunshine do the rest.  I didn't get exactly the results I was looking for this time but I'll give it yet another try sometime (maybe tomorrow?)  I also jumped in with some rusting of cotton fabric which I wanted to try for some time.  Ronnie found some great rusty old drill bits in his garage and they should be perfect.  I soaked the cotton with 1/2 and 1/2 water and white vinegar then wrapped the drill bits up in the fabric.  I also took some of the older rusty keys and wrapped some of them up in fabric as well.  So far the results for the rusting look promising.  I'm leaving them wrapped up for at least another day, then we'll see.  Here's a few pictures from today's efforts.  Tomorrow I'm off to a small town Fair.  Then who knows, maybe more art work?

No comments:

Post a Comment