Sunday, December 6, 2015

December Warm for New England


December is here!
What wonderful weather we are having right now in New England.  I went to the store today without wearing a jacket!  It's been in the 50's!  No snow, a bit of wind on some days and I'm enjoying every minute of it while I can. 

Silk Scarves I've made and sold at fairs. :)
The craft fairs are over for us so now it's on to making some Christmas gifts for friends and family.  I've been making and selling silk scarves but I'm not sure that's what I'll be giving as gifts.  I like an idea I saw on another blog, "Bloom, Bake and Create."  Lynda made coasters from fabric she had dyed and screen printed.  I think I'll get busy making some of those.  Lynda has wonderful tutorials and ideas on her blog and I've tried many of them with excellent results. Besides, everyone can use a coaster or two and they're good for both male and female individuals.  I have a new overlock machine that I'm wanting to practice on.  I think the coasters will be a good place to start.
I came across this quote today while surfing the net.  Good advice I think everyone could use.
"If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place."
—Nora Roberts


Enjoy the Holidays!
and remember to play a little each day!
Peace,
Diane


1 comment:

  1. Diane, Thank you so much for your kind words about my blog and so happy you found some of my tutorials that helped you. Love that you sold some of your scarves! Looking forward to seeing your coasters.

    ReplyDelete