Monday, January 11, 2016

January 2016 Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to All!
The Christmas tree has been taken down and decorations put away until next year. I didn't have a gathering at my house this year so I didn't put out as many decorations.  The best part of that was I didn't have so many to put away.  I was happy to have a live tree this year, it smelled so nice.

Our little city celebrates the New Year with a Kayak Run down one of the rivers that flow through downtown.  I brought along my new camera and had some fun.  It wasn't too cold this year but just a bit chilly near the water.  It was fun to watch the kayakers but I wouldn't have wanted to be in that water!!



Play Time!I've been enjoying eco dyeing with plant material I was given from my local florist shop. I also used some of the flowers from my poinsettia plant that has now seen better days. :)

Here are some pictures of the steps I took in eco printing a silk scarf with eucalyptus leaves.
l.  placed the leaves on the white scarf
2. folded over and rolled on to a dowel for "cooking" (no photo)
3. unrolled after dyeing in black tea dye
4. Two photos of completed scarf after being washed and ironed







This scarf was sold immediately after completing it.  Someone received it as a Christmas gift. :)

Remember to play a little every day!
Peace,
Diane






No comments:

Post a Comment