Monday, February 8, 2016

Winter's Almost Over

February 2016

I have very many interests and hobbies.  Photography is one of them.  My significant other, Ronnie also enjoys photography and he has for many years.  His town's Conservation organization held a photo contest and asked for submission of photographs taken in Alexandria, NH to be judged and put on a calendar as a fund raiser.  He entered the allowed number of photos, four.  One of his was chosen for the calendar out of over almost 70 entries.  His photograph was taken of a young bear who visited his home one afternoon.  The bear has the longest legs I've ever seen on a bear and everyone loves the photo!  It is the photo for the month of April, the month of my birthday.  I'm so pleased!  



I continue to be busy with dyeing scarves both with the transfer dye method and eco-dyeing.  I'm also working on completing some machine quilted wall hangings that I hope to sell at the Farmer's Market in the summer.  We were pleased to be invited to a wonderful craft fair to be held in Newport, NH in August!  It has a good reputation that includes excellent crafters/artists and a large attendance record. 

It's snowing out as I write this but I know it will be gone soon.  I love that the days are getting longer, more daylight to get things done.  I don't know about you but when that sun goes down I don't always have much ambition.

Remember to Play a Little Each Day!
Peace,
Diane  

No comments:

Post a Comment