Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Lover of Chocolate & Girl Scout Cookies

THIN MINTS!
It's no secret I'm a chocolate lover.  Not really a good thing as far as watching my weight, but we just can't help some things can we?  And...dark chocolate is GOOD for you!

I found this recipe on another blog and I'm going to make these!

Ingredients and Directions For Thin Mint Cookies:
Chocolate waffer cookies
12 oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (not recommended for milk chocolate).
1 tbl shortening (butter is not recommended)
1 tsp peppermint extract


Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips with shortening in a double boiler or rest a smaller pan with chips into a larger pan of water (don't let any water get into the chips pan).  Stir until melted.  Use microwave with directions on melting chocolate if you prefer.  


Add 1 tsp peppermint extract to the melted chocolate


Dip in Chocolate or Vanilla Waffers
Place on wax paper until set. Place in an air tight container and keep cool or place in refrigerator.  They won't last long  : )
Yes, I know this isn't a cookie, I haven't made them yet.  But I do have strawberries available and I might have to indulge in these until I get the cookies made!

1 comment:

  1. I had forgotten all about making thin mints until your blog post. Years ago we would take Ritz crackers and dip them in melted chocolate that peppermint extract had been added to. It doesn't sound like they would taste right, but the Ritz texture was perfect and a match for the real deals. Yum!

    Thanks for the memory!! Lynda

    ReplyDelete