Saturday, March 10, 2012

Nubble Light and Hampton Beach Visit



This week we went to the seacoast, this time to Hampton Beach and Nubble Light in Maine.  The weather was very warm but it was also very, very windy by the ocean. I took several photos including this one of Nubble Light and the statue at Hampton Beach honoring those lost in the war. My mother's cousin (George Curl) was in the Navy during WWII and his ship was sunk by the enemy.  The crew was lost at sea.  George was my great aunt and uncle's only child.  When I was growing up a photograph of him in uniform was always on our diningroom wall.  I have his baby cup with the inscription "Buddy", his nickname as a boy.  Although I never knew him, I've always been proud of him.  His name is inscribed on the monument at Hampton Beach, NH.

No comments:

Post a Comment