Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Muddy Month of March

March is finally here.  We didn't have much of a winter around here, one storm in October and another in March??  Not sure what that's all about.  I didn't mind not having to clean off my car after a storm or shoveling the walk, but I did miss the feeling of winter a little I must admit.  My grandkids didn't get to enjoy their winter sports and my son traveled up north to do some snowmobiling with friends but not as often as he would have liked to.

I'm busy working on another art quilt using some of my hand dyed fabric.  I love the art of Linda and Laura Kemshall and if you haven't seen any of their work you should visit their site http://www.lindakemshall.com/DesignMattersTV.html  They are a mother/daughter design team from England and they are true artists!  They provide me with a lot of inspiration and tips that I am able to use in my quilts.  The first of my "Leaves" series uses the colors I see in most of their quilts and art.  I never thought I was a purple person until seeing their work and I knew I had to make something with a similar look.  As it turns out, this is one of my favorites.  I must take another photo of it all finished with machine quilting!  I liked working in a series and I might continue to add a few more to this one.
 Ron and I are preparing for upcoming craft fairs.  He's busy making wooden spoons and scarf disks and pins.  I'm trying to decided what photographs I have that I want to prepare for sale.  More on this later.

Warm weather is coming our way!!  Yipee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment