Sunday, August 1, 2010

Results of Rust Dyeing Cotton Fabric

I did the unwrapping of the rusted fabric yesterday afternoon. I'm quite pleased with the results and see myself doing more of this.   I went to a yard sale yesterday and found more "lovely", rusted old things to use next. I think the woman thought I was crazy when I got excited at seeing the container of rusty stuff.  She was told what I intended to do with it and she became interested in the process.  In the third piece I have indicated where the keys were.  I think you can tell where I used the drill bits.  The piece with the most white remaining is going to be painted over and sun dyed with keys and ferns.  We'll see how that goes later.
Here are my results this time around:

No comments:

Post a Comment