Sunday, September 30, 2012

Quilt Display at Shelburn and More on the Room Re-do

I was checking out what was new at Shelburne Museum in Vt. and look at what I found! Check this out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyKq4zIabJE&feature=colike

 I'm still busy painting my sewing/quilt studio and it's coming along nicely.  I've chosen a new ceiling light and I might pick it up tomorrow.  I've purchased two Ott Lights from JoAnn's at a great sale price purchased on line. One is a floor lamp with a matching table lamp. First time I purchased from them this way and it was a very quick delivery.  I'd do it again.

I've taken the legs off my old sewing table and taken a leaf out from the center to make it a little smaller.  This might sound crazy, but I don't want a lot of clutter on the table I'm sewing on and I know me, if there's room on there, I'll fill it!  I'm going to paint it white like everything else in the room and then go from there.  Maybe blue will be the accent color, not sure yet.  I'm not doing the floor right now, waiting to get this room and the other one completed before spending cash on the floor.  My professional organizer (i.e.: lifesaver) will be returning to help me out in a couple of weeks.
Her company is called "Tranquil Spaces" and that's what I'm looking for.

I purchased this bureau at the Davisville Flea Market for a very low price.  I painted it white and added new handles.  I had it built-in to the wall with other shelves and cubbies. Here are the "Before" and "After" pictures.
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment