Monday, May 14, 2018

May 2018

I enjoyed my Mother's Day very much.  Cards, gifts and hugs!

Eco Printing Continues:
May has been a good month, much warmer and the trees and flowers are coming alive.  I'm ready to gather some leaves and print more clothing  Over the winter I have purchased some tops from thrift stores.  Quality brands and in great shape only.  Here's one I printed last week.  I soaked it in soy milk overnight after giving it a good hot wash with Dawn in the machine.  I used trash bag cut up as a resist and rolled the blouse up on a wooden rod. I dipped leaves in iron water and placed them on the linen blouse. It was steamed for two hours and I'm pleased with the results.  More results in the future. Practice and surprise is the name of the game.


In these photos it still needs to be washed and ironed.

Remember to Play a Little Every Day,
Peace, Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment