Wednesday, December 23, 2020

 December 2020!  What a year it has been.

But Christmas is here and we are almost into the new year.  We are hoping for an end to the pandemic so we can meet with friends and family and give hugs all around.

I'm baking cookies today and I'll share with my adult children.  We'll do a cookie swap with our chosen Christmas cookies.  One of my favorites I found on another blog and have been making them ever since.  Give them a try, I think you'll agree they are delicious!

Here's a copy of my original posting so you don't have to search for it in archives.

"Well the countdown is here. My shopping is almost completed so now I'm focusing on the cookies.  I read a friend's blog yesterday and she posted a recipe for Brown Sugar Shortbread Cookies.  So I gave them a try.  My dough was not holding together well so I added about 1 TB of cold water.  My first batch I took out of the oven at 10 min. to check them and the centers weren't cooked.  They just needed a bit more time. 17 minutes seemed to work with my oven.  I'm a chocolate lover so I drizzled melted cho. chips over the cookies when they had cooled.  Thanks Rayna for the Recipe!
Give 'em a try, they are delicious and easy!"

1 Cup soft butter
1/2 Cup brown sugar (I used light, she uses dark.  Either will work)
2 1/2 Cups sifted flour
1 TB cold water-I added this as my dough was not holding together well.


Beat butter and sugar till fluffy, stir in flour till smooth.  Divide dough in half and refrigerate till ready to roll out.  Roll out first half of dough on floured surface, quite thin, cut w/ cookie cutter of your choice.   
Bake 15-20 min at 300 (or 325) or until lightly golden brown.



Merry Christmas to All and Wishing for a Happy New Year!

Remember to Play a Little Every Day!

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment