Thursday, September 23, 2010

This Is The First Day of Fall

I thought it was the 21st but I guess I got that mixed up with the first day of winter??
This is a very busy time of year.  I'm working to get the yard in some shape before snow (guess I have a few weeks for that), preparing for the fair I'll be doing in November in Nashua and trying to finish up some unfinished work.  I'm a terrible procrastinator as my family will attest to.  Why do it now if I have a few more minutes, hours, days, weeks, years???  The thing is we really don't know how much time we really have.  My dear friend Trisha lost her oldest nephew to a drowning this week in Mississippi.  He had done three tours of duty and made it home.  He went fishing and that was it.  It just doesn't seem right but so much we see and hear is that way.  I try and stay upbeat but sometimes things just get me down and this was one of them. 

On to happier thoughts.  I'm going to be making an apple pie (yes, food always makes me feel better)!  I'll be making my pork chop skillet dinner tonight for supper (recipe on my blog for Jan. 10).  Tomorrow will probably be apple day.

Grandson, Shawn had his 10th birthday on the 16th and he's a great kid!  So happy times are appreciated around here and I'm looking forward to many more.  My knees are better, work is okay, kids are doing well, grandkids and busy and well, significant other (Ron) is busy making things in his woodworking shop and we'll be going to an Auto Show and Flea Market this weekend. 

I'm still offering note cards and photos on Artfire and Etsy so if you're in the market for some nice fall note cards take a look!  I also have a website at http://www.dsignsbyds.zenfolio.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment