Tuesday, February 8, 2011

February 8th Already!!

Wow, it seems like January flew by.  I don't mind the snow so much now that I'm semi-retired.  No need to go out everyday and pleanty of fun things to do here at home.  I'm working on a small art quilt for my cousin.  She had her 50th wedding anniversary and I want to ship it to her asap.  I tried a couple of designs but finally came to a decision.  Now I need to go machine quilt it and finish it up!  I've been reading some blogs and I think I'll try dyeing some paper towels!  I want to do more collage and the process for dyeing the towels sounds interesting.  I'll post some photos once I get to it!
Here a photo of the art quilt I've been working on for my cousin.  It doesn't look like this anymore because I've moved things around, but it gives you an idea. I used commercial cotton, photo transfers onto cotton and antique laces pieces.  The cupid and old valentine were scanned, resized and transferred.

No comments:

Post a Comment