Saturday, February 26, 2011

Spinning and Knitting Show & Tell

I don't do either, spin or knit but one of my good friends does and I was the fortunate recipient of a lovely hand spun and knit scarf for Christmas this year!  Kathleen stopped by this week for a visit and showed me a scarf she had knit using some lovely yarn she had spun on her wheel at home.  We have often gotten together through the years to sew, quilt, make booklets and mixed media fun.  She has always loved to knit and once she bought her first spinning wheel she was addicted!  I think she has bought maybe 4 or 5 wheels to date and is always looking out for another one.  I was like that with sewing machines for awhile.  I own too many!  I love my little Singer Featherweight and I'm using that one right now to finish sewing Ron's quilt.

While Kathleen was here I asked to take some pictures of the items she brought over to show me.  So here they are.  The lovely multicolored scarf was knit by Kathleen after she had spun the yarn.  The dark shawl/scarf was knit by a friend of hers but the yarn was spun by Kathleen.  She added some of her neighbor's alpaca fiber in the yarn as she was spinning it.  The yarn is thin ply and works into a beautiful lace like design.



No comments:

Post a Comment