Tuesday, April 12, 2011

More Playing Around With Fabric

Today I played with fabric and my sewing machine.  I completed a small art quilt I had started some time ago but never got around to put the finishing touches on it.  Today was the day.  I will be adding stitching along the outside edges of the quilt then it will be really finished!  I went to JoAnn's today and bought some storage boxes for 50% off.  I transferred all my thread I had just tossed into a box into this very nice organizer.  It made me happy.  I'm still working on cleaning up my space and trying to get better organized.  It's coming along pretty well.  We are finally having some really beautiful weather, sun and warmth, boy it took it's time coming this year!

I've added some vintage scarfs to my Etsy, "Just A Little Something" shop and also added a couple of photos to my other shop.  Stop by and take a look when you have a minute?
www.etsy.com/shop/grandmamasattic
www.etsy.com/shop/dsigns

Here are a couple of photos of the art quilt I played with today.  It is made with cotton and silk fabric, canvas and commercial as well as hand painted and stamped fabric.  It is machine quilted with clear nylon on the top and cotton thread in the bobbin.







No comments:

Post a Comment