Monday, May 9, 2011

My Paternal Great Aunt

My sister sent me this photograph of our great aunt Frances.  She was my father's aunt and I never knew her.  Apparently she was quite the woman.  She reportedly had an affair with a very well know gentleman from Boston that became quite a scandle in it's day.  She left the area and we haven't been able to find much information on her.  My sister, Dot, does family geneology and has very little information about Frances.
I love this photograph of her and because I did know her sister, Agnes, I think she must have really been wonderful!  Aunt Agnes was full of fun and she was a burst of energy at our family get togethers, even when she was 89 years old!  I wish I had known Frances.  I will use this photograph in one of my fiber art pieces in the near future.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment