Thursday, May 19, 2011

Spring Rain!

We have certainly had our share of rainy days!  They are good for sewing but I'd rather be outside working in the garden this time of year.  I'm going to the Quad Cities for a brief visit with cousins in June and plan to go to some gardens while there to add to my photograph collection this year.  I've never seen the mighty Mississippi River so this will be a first for me.

I've finished up some mixed media I thought needed a little more help and repaired the photograph on a pillow I made my sister some years ago.  I had used the t-shirt transfer method and the picture wore off after some use.  This time I printed the photograph with cotton fabric designed to print with ink jet printers and I'm pleased with the results.  Instead of taking the pillow completely apart, I attached the photo to the front using the blanket stitch and embroidery thread.  I love this photo of her when she was probably 3 years old.




Hopefully the sun will come out this weekend and we can all get some energy back!!

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment