Friday, January 8, 2010

Quilting, Knitting and Friends


Last night I was invited to a friend's house with a small group of others to share some tea and lemon bread.  My friend Kathleen showed us some wonderful socks she is knitting with some wool from Wales, warm and comfy!  She did some drop spindle spinning while there and worked on the socks a bit.  Roberta is working on a wool and felt hand appliqued country style wall hanging and Bonnie is hand piecing a lovely little scrap quilt.  What did I do??  Well, I thought about bringing the piece I'm working on for one of the challenges I've entered but I'd rather work on that all by myself.  So I brought some lovely pieces of fabric, antique lace, scissors and a glue stick.  I worked on a piece celebrating Valentine's Day or February.  The values in red are some of my favorite colors and it was great fun "piecing this together".  Today I will do some sewing on the piece as well as stamping, maybe some painting...who knows what will strike me?  I'll post when it's finished.  So far I'm happy with it.   ThenI just have to get back to the challenges!!!  Your comments are welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment