Sunday, January 3, 2010

Art Quilt Challenge

I've spoken about this challenge before on this blog but just in case you missed it, we will be making a
12" x 12"  art quilt wallhanging every other month for a year.  The word chosen for the first challenge month is COMFORT.  I've had a few thoughts about what I might like to do.  We aren't supposed to think too hard about these.  I have printed a cropped picture of my sister-in-law hugging her oldest daughter when she married several years ago.  When I think of comfort, I think of hugs.  I know some people who don't like to be hugged and I respect that.  But I like to give hugs and get hugs!  They comfort when we are sad and bring us more joy when we are happy.  Here is a selection of fabrics I think I'll be using and a photograph that I will somehow incooperate into the fiber art piece.  I think this picture came out a little darker than I would like so I'll probably print another.  I don't want to "waste" this one so I'll use it anyway and make another to use in the challenge piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment