Saturday, January 30, 2010

Skillet Dinner, It's Delicious

My friend shared a skillet dinner recipe she has made for years.  I gave it a try and it's delicious!  I thought I'd share with others who might read my Blog.

Pork Chops, Potatoes and Carrots Skillet Dinner

Package of 4 pork chops with bone in.
5 potatoes, more for a larger family.
1 bag of carrots, peeled and cut lenghtwise.
Onion
1 Can of soup.  My friend uses tomato soup but I used Cream of Mushroom.
1/2 can of water.

Pan brown the pork chops in a large skillet
Mix can of soup with 1/2 can of water.
Prepare the potatoes and slice as in scallop potatoes.
Prepare carrots as above.

After browning the chops
Remove from skillet
Add prepared potatoes
Layer the carrots next then the onions.
Place pork chops on top of the vegetables.
Pour soup/water mix over the top and cover.
Cook on stove top medium for the first 10 mins. then
turn down for the next 10 mins.  Check with fork to see if veggies are done.
Cooking should take 30 mins. or less.
Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment