Here we are at the end of February and I'm very pleased about that. I'm ready for spring!
One of my daughters had a birthday this month and I made her a case for her Kindle. She requested blue so that decision was made for me.
I looked through my fabrics and decided to cut strips 1 1/2" wide and at least an inch wider than the Kindle. I sewed several different fabrics together, ironed them, measured and cut to size. Folded in half, this fabric would be the front and back of the bag. I placed the pieced fabric wrong side up and cut two pieces of batting to size for the front and back. I added a strip of fabric to each side lengthwise. Then I placed the fabric piece right sides together with a lining fabric I had chosen, blue of course! I turnd the piece right side out and put valcro on the underside of the flap. I added a hand crafted button Ronnie had made and there you go! It's done!! I'll probably make more of these, it's a good way to use up fabric scraps and I have plenty of those. I'm sorry I didn't take photos of the process, maybe next time and I'll post them.