Thursday, February 28, 2013

The End of February 2013

Here we are at the end of February and I'm very pleased about that.  I'm ready for spring!
One of my daughters had a birthday this month and I made her a case for her Kindle.  She requested blue so that decision was made for me.

I looked through my fabrics and decided to cut strips 1 1/2" wide and at least an inch wider than the Kindle.  I sewed several different fabrics together, ironed them, measured and cut to size.  Folded in half, this fabric would be the front and back of the bag.  I placed the pieced fabric wrong side up and cut two pieces of batting to size for the front and back.  I added a strip of fabric to each side lengthwise.  Then I placed the fabric piece right sides together with a lining fabric I had chosen, blue of course!  I turnd the piece right side out and put valcro on the underside of the flap.  I added a hand crafted button Ronnie had made and there you go!  It's done!!  I'll probably make more of these, it's a good way to use up fabric scraps and I have plenty of those.  I'm sorry I didn't take photos of the process, maybe next time and I'll post them.



Peace,
Diane


No comments:

Post a Comment